Jul 8, 2011

Illustration Friday "Stay"

"Stay"-paper collage illustration
I enjoyed this week's challenge. It made me get going on a collage using paper that I've wanted to work on for a while now. Just put it together in my sketchbook. I like drawing croquis (fashion figures) and keep practicing over and over. I've taken enough life drawing classes to say the least but that doesn't mean I can actually draw a human body!

Having first considered the word 'stay' with its most obvious definition, it occurred to me that there is a word you don't hear much anymore using 'stay' as in 'stays' as in those that are used to support the corset. So, my illustration for this week's challenge is working off the corset stay and I through in the Stay the Night after I saw the outcome of my piece.

1 comment:

Artsnark said...

i like your take on the prompt - cool colors & text is a nice touch