Jul 1, 2011

Illustration Friday "Remedy"

Happy July 1st. I love summer and when I start to complain about how hot it is I quickly remind myself that being cold is way worse! Ad having a cold isn't something I deal with very often-less so now than when I use to teach art in the classroom. But that may have strengthened my immune system. I'm also not a germaphobe-mom and I think it's helped with the health of my teens-they don't exist in a hermetically-sealed-germ-free-spotless house. They rarely miss any school due to illness. Being that the topic this week is 'remedy' the thoughts of colds etc came to mind. That and the effective herbal remedy of Echinacea. I am a botanical illustrator and this is one of my botanicals depicting the native Colorado specie. I'm much more into grapefruit and a multi-vitamin regime but others swear by the flower's effectiveness. Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Wonderful illustration! So that's echinacea, I've only seen it as a pill...

Unknown said...

wow.. this is beautifully rendered !
I love the shading on the flower and your leaf veining.. Gorgeous!

Mindful Drawing said...

Beautifully done. I thought about drawing Echinacea too but I couldn't lay my hands on one. I can only admire them in our local botanical garden. They seem to powerful and strong. You made a lovely, delicate drawing on these great plants.
Paula