Oct 18, 2011

La Salle a Manger

Couldn't help naming this in French-brushing up on my language skills and trying to learn Italian. Having just been to France in August I'd gotten warmed up only to leave. I knew my French was coming back when I argued with two little girls standing in line for the restroom on who was next to use it on the flight home! We're traveling to Paris next month again for the hubby's job so want to be able to communicate like a native. But then again, the French never think you speak properly no matter how fluent you are!

This is just an attempt at a free-spirited quick painting. I'd done the drawing earlier this summer and wanted to play with my intense gouche colors I received in my Yule stocking last year! I love Matisse so his art influenced this simple drawing. Sometimes doing mindless coloring and simple lines is therapeutic. I like being able to zen sometimes and not over think art.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Angelia! I just love how vibrant are your colors! Do you know who Raoul Duffy was? he was a French painter who did alot of interiors when he lived on th Côte d'Azur. This image reminds me of his work.