Oct 21, 2011

"Fuel" Illustration Friday

My week's illustration is a new concept I've been working on:  Recreating lovely dresses on paper croquis using mixed media to do so. This is different paper, beads, newspaper, and I  made the flower bouquet from quilling skills. It is framed and textures added in Photoshop. I've been working on developing my fashion illustration skills also.

So what fuels the little girl's desire to get married? Biology? Society? Expectations? Why when I watch "Say Yes to the Dress" I often hear, "I want to look like a Princess"...So is it Disney? mmmm...When did getting married become so out of control? Party favors for your guests? Never heard of anything like that 23 years ago. I thought a good dinner and entertainment to help you celebrate the nuptials was enough. Now there is ice sculptures complete with running martinis, comfy sofa areas for lounging, predinner, dinner, and after dinner options-the list goes on. Perhaps it is some people's priority to have a huge celebration and there are others who elope. I guess the options are endless but I always wonder how we got to having so many options in the first place!

2 comments:

Indigene said...

I know, some of those nuptials are "off-the-chain!" I know someone who spent $50,000 for her daughter's wedding; the marriage lasted less than a year!

Beautiful concept for the prompt! :)

Unknown said...

I love the materials you used to create her dress. Very impressive!