Feb 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I really enjoyed giving the valentine spirit this year. I remember fondly (sarcasm) a few Valentine's Days which ended up being the whole week before working as a florist. 18 hour days on my feet and sitting once to go to the bathroom. I exaggerate not! The further I've gotten from those valentine days I've returned to the spirit. I made cupcakes and decorated them, practicing my roses over and over again. I sent hand-written cards with long diatribes in them. Something we don't do often enough-writing letters. I made sweet bags for my co-workers and gave my kids valentine chocolates. We as a family did the fondue thing and watched a favorite family program with pizza tonight. All in all a good weekend. Seems like tomorrow will be anti climatic. 

This is a picture of a card I've designed for my husband. I design these characters and just beginning to get them into cards and creating silly buttons and sculpting them in 3D doll form. I call them my chicklits. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: